ocba - Re: [ocba] help please

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • To: risnover AT aol.com
  • Cc: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] help please
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 13:59:10 -0500

Rich,
You didn't say what your concern was. The bees moved up during the winter consuming stores as they did so. Normal bee behavior. The question I would be asking is whether they have access to sufficient stores for the remaining weeks of winter. It is likely to get cold again and they will need stores to feed the new brood that you are seeing. If starvation is your concern, start feeding them. I personally would not be inclined to shuffle the living arrangements of my bees at this time of the year. Others might.

If I misunderstood your concern please clarify.

John

John Rintoul
(919) 414-4071
No trees or bees were killed in the distribution of this message, but countless electrons were seriously inconvenienced.