ocba - [ocba] Apiary opportunity in southern Orange County

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Apiary opportunity in southern Orange County
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 16:32:42 -0500

I have been contacted by a representative of Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, 2016 Mt. Carmel Church Rd. in Chapel Hill. They are sponsoring a community garden at the church. They will also have a pollinator garden at that site. They would like to have a couple of bee hives so they are offering the site to beekeepers who may be looking for a spot for a couple of hives.

If you are interested in placing hives at the garden, let me know and I will put you in touch with the organizers. They understand that just because they have honey bees onsite is no guarantee that the honey bees will work in their garden. If you look on the satellite view of Google Maps you’ll notice that there are competing forage opportunities for bees at that site.

-John

John Rintoul
(919) 414-4071 (M)

No trees or bees were killed in the distribution of this message, but countless electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

  • [ocba] Apiary opportunity in southern Orange County, John Rintoul, 01/30/2017