ocba - Re: [ocba] NC Pesticide Board to look at neonicotinoids

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Pakis Bessias <pakis.bessias AT duke.edu>
  • Cc: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] NC Pesticide Board to look at neonicotinoids
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 07:44:09 -0400

To better show how we are all being manipulated by bayer & these state "leader" look no further than this requirement for positions!

Nowhere in the original state committee description does it say to choose a chemical industry rep...nor is this group meeting anything close to valid or helpful to pollinators when the person in
N.C. Dept. of Environment and Natural Resources is VACANT!

How can any review be taken serious when the ONE position of protection of our ecology is not filled/appointed by or governor??!

How is a fair meeting supposed to happen then they do not bring a voice for our health to the table, then break the appointing rules by putting a PRO chem guy on the committee...and worse in a position of power.

This is why its important to vote every 2 years & stay in tune to who is doing what. As keepers of bees we are on the front line of this issue and we should not be forced by pro profits to accept these ridicules standards.

PR stunts should be called out in public when our health & ecology are at risk.

Marty

Sent from my iPhone