ocba - Re: [ocba] Food Out There?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • To: Katja <katjasage AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Food Out There?
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 16:21:47 -0400

Goldenrod has been in bloom in southern Orange County for the past 2 weeks. I've attached a link to Debbie Roos' top pollinator plants list that will alert you to other plants to watch as bee forage. Debbie is a beekeeper and an Ag Extension Agent in Chatham.
https://growingsmallfarms.ces.ncsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Top-25-Plants-and-Suppliers-2.pdf?fwd=no

Despite the fall nectar flow, you should strongly consider continuing to feed your hives unless they have overflowing stores of honey and pollen at this time. As Jon Snow often reminds us, "Winter is coming."

John Rintoul
(919) 414-4071

John Rintoul
(919) 414-4071