ocba - [ocba] Need live bees for apitherapy

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Randall Austin <ra41717 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "Bridget R." <ncfitness08 AT yahoo.com>
  • Subject: [ocba] Need live bees for apitherapy
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 19:19:46 -0400

I've been contacted by a very nice woman (Bridget Raab) who needs a few live honey bees every so often for apitherapy. She has a debilitating condition and bee sting therapy is extremely effective for her, what she describes as a virtual lifesaver. She administers the therapy herself; all she needs from a beekeeper is bees.

I believe she currently buys something like a hundred or so live bees every month and gets them shipped from California. Surely we can help her out with a more convenient and more cost-effective supply. She's willing to pay for live bees and can even collect them herself. I've offered to help but somebody closer to Hillsborough would be far better than me.

Bridget lives within the Hillsborough town limits, not far from downtown. If you can help her out, either on an ongoing basis or even on a rotating basis with others, please send her an e-mail at ncfitness08 AT yahoo.com.

Randall Austin

  • [ocba] Need live bees for apitherapy, Randall Austin, 06/17/2016