ocba - Re: [ocba] Fwd: Queen s for Sale

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: jenshobbyfarm AT gmail.com
  • To: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • Cc: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Fwd: Queen s for Sale
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 22:36:44 -0400

They have queens often at Bailey Bee Supply in Hillsborough.

Jennifer Hall

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 9, 2016, at 10:03 PM, Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com> wrote:

Just in case anyone needs a queen.

______

Walter

You never can tell with bees. ~ Winnie-the-Pooh

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mary Jane Meadows <meadows.maryjane AT icloud.com>
Date: June 9, 2016 at 5:54:31 PM EDT
To: walterstarks AT icloud.com
Subject: Queen s for Sale

Hello Walter,

I am part of the Chatham County Beekeepers group.  I have 2 top bar hives and one of them is not thriving & needs a queen.  Don Hopkins was here this afternoon and put me in touch with Jeremy Tyson in Rockingham County (Wentworth) to see if he had any queens for sale.  According to his partner he does have queens & he has 20 for sale!

So I am waiting for him to call me back this evening, but most likely I will be driving up to get a queen late tomorrow afternoon or on Saturday morning.

Seems like there could be other folks in need of a queen too? and maybe we should connect and I could bring home multiple queens?  When I mentioned this to Don, he suggested letting you know so you could post something on the Orange County Beekeepers list serve.

Thanks in advance for you help in spreading the word,

Jane Meadows
919-357-1711