ocba - [ocba] VSH Nuc For Sale

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] VSH Nuc For Sale
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 16:38:59 -0400

I have a 5 frame deep nuc for sale. No frame exchange. We’ll just move the frames into your nuc box.

This nuc was created this spring with capped swarm cells. The queen is two generations removed from an open-mated VSH queen that I purchased from 7 Stands Bee Farm in Hays, NC. The VSH genetic trait seems to be intact. Today's sugar shake yielded 1 mite.

At today's inspection there were 3 frames with substantial quantities of capped and open brood. All five frames have strong bee coverage. The 2 outside frames have capped honey, nectar and pollen.

The bees are very calm. I am asking $175.

John Rintoul

919-414-4071

No trees or bees were killed in the distribution of this message, but countless electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

  • [ocba] VSH Nuc For Sale, John Rintoul, 05/31/2016