ocba - Re: [ocba] Miller Feeder Pictures and Question

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • To: Sara Brewer <sara.brewer23 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Miller Feeder Pictures and Question
  • Date: Sat, 07 May 2016 15:23:23 -0400

IMO drowned bees in this type of feeder are normal. That's really not very many. You'll need to clean the feeder every couple of weeks. You can clean out the dead bees then. I don't think the ants really represent a problem. Some people claim that cinnamon spread around the hive on the dirt  will deter them. Rather expensive though. I'd rather save the cinnamon for my oatmeal. :)

______

Walter

You never can tell with bees. ~ Winnie-the-Pooh