ocba - [ocba] Spring Supprise?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Richard Brown <richardcameronbrown AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Spring Supprise?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 11:29:11 -0400

Last week I was on my porch building my nuc boxes in preparation for picking up my my bees, when I noticed a lone honey bee poking around. She got into this and that.... she even went so far as to crawl into the fence on my tablesaw and explore the cavity of the saw itself.
The next day she (or one of her cohorts) made a return visit.
I made the assumption they truly were swarm scouts and shifted my focus to building a swarm trap.
There she ... loaded with 10 frames and lure.
....Come hither my darlings, and we shall dance.

  • [ocba] Spring Supprise?, Richard Brown, 03/22/2016