ocba - Re: [ocba] White-eyed Drones

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Hamsiba Family <hamsibas AT gmail.com>
  • To: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • Cc: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] White-eyed Drones
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 06:35:42 -0400

John,

Very cool stuff. This reminds me of raising fruit flies in genetics lab in college. They can get a number of different colored eyes. But no sting, no honey. Kind of like no pain, no gain!

As always, I am trying to gauge acceptability of different mite counts at different times of year. Do you consider 5 at this time of year to be low and acceptable?

Cheers, Brad