ocba - [ocba] SHB "treatment"??

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] SHB "treatment"??
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 13:45:46 -0400

Here is a pic I just pulled off FB. I've heard of this but never tried it.
Not sure how to classify it, but if they do not off gas then it seems to a
very effective tool.

Swifter (dry) Pads....apparently are SHB magnets and they get stuck in them.
Again, never tried it but thought it a "potentially" chemical free way to
capture SHB's and end their in hive life cycle.

That and I told them to move their bees from so much shade.

Just passing along.
Marty
just bee

JPEG image

Sent from my iPhone

  • [ocba] SHB "treatment"??, Marty Hanks, 07/28/2015