ocba - Re: [ocba] laying workers - Please check my logic before I jump!

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Randall Austin <ra41717 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Hamsiba Family <hamsibas AT gmail.com>, Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] laying workers - Please check my logic before I jump!
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 16:58:40 -0400

I've got something similar in my yard right now. I am going to newspaper-combine a laying-worker colony (it issued a swarm and didn't successfully re-queen itself) over the top of a queenright colony. It should work just fine; it always does. Go for it and don't look back. Then if I were you, after they get good and settled I would take those extra frames and bees and boost up that nuc.

Randall