ocba - Re: [ocba] advice please

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Randall Austin <ra41717 AT gmail.com>
  • To: risnover AT aol.com, ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] advice please
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 17:33:46 -0400

Rich,

The smart money would be on combining the failed package with your other hive and waiting until spring to make a split.

That said, your proposal would be a great learning experience as long as you don't have high hopes for success. It's a good thing we aren't doing this to pay the rent; we can play around and make mistakes, and get really thrilled when we sometimes get lucky.

Randall