ocba - Re: [ocba] hive question: population strong, no food stores

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • To: Cole Rizki <colerizki AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] hive question: population strong, no food stores
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 11:50:11 -0400

If it was mine, I'd split it. The flow is mostly over for this year, so you're not likely to get any more honey. Be ready to add a second deep and frames to each. Might want to go ahead and add them when you split, especially whichever one has the queen. Don't forget to feed.

Just my 2 cents. FWIW

______

Walter

Sent from my iPhone