ocba - [ocba] Need to Move Hive in Chapel Hill

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Michael Malecek <malimal1778 AT aol.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Need to Move Hive in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 10:20:01 -0400

I have a hive in Chapel Hill that I need to move to a new location. I caught a swarm using a bait hive, but can't keep it on my property. I'd like to find a host for the hive so I can continue managing it. I don't have a preference whether it's a backyard garden, a rooftop, a large garden, or farmland, as long as pesticides aren't used on the property. My main goal is to move the hive to a new location within the next two weeks. Ideally, I'm looking for a place within a 15 minute drive of Chapel Hill. Let me know if you know of anyone that wants to host a hive. I'm willing to have the hosts join me for hive inspections if they're interested. Thanks.

- Mike