ocba - [ocba] Fwd: Bees

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: risnover AT aol.com
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: Bees
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 17:52:29 -0400

From: "Dave Rogers, Environment North Carolina Director" <action AT environmentnorthcarolina.org>
Subject: Bees
Date: May 20, 2015 at 2:06:20 PM EDT

The Obama administration just released their plan to save the bees—but the plan mostly ignores bee-killing pesticides. Will you help fight back?
Dear Barry,

The Obama administration just released their long-awaited strategy to save the bees—and unfortunately, the news isn’t good.1

The plan includes some good things. It calls on the EPA to pay closer attention to a decline in the population of bees and other pollinators. It aims to protect more pollinator habitats.

But the plan does virtually nothing to address the scourge of bee-killing pesticides, which is one of the leading drivers of the massive global bee die-off.

We can’t save the bees while ignoring bee-killing pesticides—and we’re demanding further action.
Click here to help save the bees and make a donation today.

Yesterday’s announcement comes after President Obama directed agencies to create a unified strategy last June.

But despite more than 4 million public comments and mounting evidence of the key role that bee-killing pesticides are playing in the decline of bees and other pollinators, the plan does virtually nothing to reduce them.

There’s still plenty of time for President Obama to review this strategy and demand something stronger—but only if the public response to today’s news is loud and clear.

We’re demanding stronger action bee-killing pesticides. Will you chip in?

Thanks for making it all possible.

Yours,

Dave Rogers
Environment North Carolina Director

Source:

1. National Strategy to Promote the Health of Honey Bees and Other Pollinators, The Washington Post, May 19, 2015