ocba - [ocba] What the heck?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Stacy Crabill <stacycrabill AT gmail.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] What the heck?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 13:42:21 -0400

I hived a package at the end of March. Queen was accepted, and I eventually
saw brood. Yesterday I discovered that what was left of my bees had clustered
in the hive top feeder, which the bees had not been interested in prior. Just
a couple of frames had some dead brood. The majority of the rest was undrawn.
Did not see the queen. I removed the feeder, but i think this hive is a
goner. Anyone had bees cluster in the feeder before? Cause?

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image