ocba - [ocba] Top bar hive

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: SALLY HOWARD <sallyhoward AT centurylink.net>
  • To: 'ocba ' <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Top bar hive
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 15:32:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Beekeepers,

I have started two top bar hives this year with packages. Unfortunately the
bees from one hive absconded after 5 days which I think was due to the new
wood, cedar. The other top bar hive is doing well as of today.
Jan at Bailey,s Bee supply mentioned that there are about 12 other top bar
enthusiasts in the area. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in
mentoring me and my two beekeeper friends Cathy and Veronica on top bar
hives.
I would really appreciate it. I also have some fabulous free range hen and
duck eggs to share as a " thank you" for your expertise.

I hope everyone,s hives are doing well especially the newly installed
packages. Good luck all.
Best wishes. Sally Howard, Hillsborough
Sallyhoward AT centurylink.net

  • [ocba] Top bar hive, SALLY HOWARD, 04/06/2015