ocba - [ocba] Package installed - whole lot of buzzing going on!

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Herb Fister <fisterh AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Package installed - whole lot of buzzing going on!
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:35:47 -0400

Installed one package on Friday afternoon.  It was cold and breezy but we did it anyway.  Nature prevailed and the bees were out buzzing on Sunday.  A quick check on Monday and the queen has been released and comb is being built!  Bees are "almost" fool proof it seems as i am sure we made several rookie mistakes.  The washer in the pic was holding the queen cage with wire through the staples.  We will continue to feed them and check back in a week or so to see how brood and comb progress.  Pics attached.

Herb Fister
fisterh AT gmail.com

  • [ocba] Package installed - whole lot of buzzing going on!, Herb Fister, 03/31/2015