ocba - [ocba] Apiary Registration NC

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Hamsiba Family <hamsibas AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Apiary Registration NC
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 14:08:55 -0500

At the recent NCSBA meeting, we heard about registering apiaries with the NC Dept of Agriculture to enable notification by farmers applying certain pesticides to fields "nearby".  I have attached the form for this.  As you will see it is not quite what one might hope for from a beekeeper point of view.

First, this only covers spraying within a HALF MILE of an apiary.  Second, it only becomes active 5 days after the beginning of the next Quarter.  Third, it does cost $10 to submit. No note on how long it is good for.  Maybe someone else can comment further.

Here is the link.  Perhaps someone might want to add it to our webpage.

 http://www.ncagr.gov/PLANTINDUSTRY/documents/2015ApiaryRegistrationForm.pdf

At least it is a step....

Brad Kosiba