ocba - [ocba] Grady Brown - Earth Day/Pollinator Garden Ribbon Cutting

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Jennifer Carson <jeyestone AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Grady Brown - Earth Day/Pollinator Garden Ribbon Cutting
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 21:06:31 -0500

Hi all,

We're installing an outdoor classroom/pollinator garden at Grady Brown Elementary (in Hillsborough). One event associated with this new project is a ribbon cutting/Earth Day celebration. I don't have exact details, but the general idea is that students will be moving through stations, learning about topics related to the garden. Topics will include soil, compost, pollinators, plants, birds, etc.

I imagine that you may have prior commitments, but would anyone be interested in participating? Thoughts I have related to OCBA participation includes showing students the observation hive and perhaps a taste test of honey? I have a participant who would like to talk to students about pollinators' role in an ecosystem, so if OCBA was focused on bees/honey, that could work. Otherwise, she may be willing to shift and discuss another topic.

Thanks for considering!
Jennifer

  • [ocba] Grady Brown - Earth Day/Pollinator Garden Ribbon Cutting, Jennifer Carson, 02/18/2015