ocba - [ocba] Dirty Santa Thurday Dec. 11

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: k <katrina501 AT aol.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Dirty Santa Thurday Dec. 11
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 17:58:54 -0500

I’m glad Meredith asked about the Dirty Santa gift because others may want to know about
it and about the game as well. The gift should be wrapped, fun, unique, in good taste, and bee themed would be nice but not required. I first heard about this at work. You may know of it by a different name. What my coworkers described didn’t sound like much fun but I saw it in action for the first time at the OCBA December meeting last year. It was hilarious, entertaining, and people seemed to enjoy it so we thought we would have it again this year.

Each participant who arrives with a gift is given a number and the gift is placed on a table. When the “gift giving” begins, the person with #1 chooses a wrapped gift from the table, unwraps it and holds it up for others to see. The person with #2 takes #1’s gift or chooses a wrapped gift from the table, unwraps it and holds it up for others to see.  If #1’s gift is taken, #1 chooses another wrapped gift from the table and holds it up for others to see. The person with #3 takes #1’s gift or #2’s gift or an unwrapped one from the table. If #1 or#2’s gift is taken, that person chooses a new one from the table. The game continues in this fashion until no gifts remain on the table. In some versions of the game a gift is retired on the 3rd take and can’t be given up anymore. We will collectively decide at the meeting how we’ll play as there are different versions.

Remember to bring a covered dish (or homemade mead or beer.) Also, if you arrive at
our regular meeting time of 7pm. You will miss out on a lot because dinner is in lieu of a speaker so we will start the meeting at 6 pm.

I hope to see you there.

Cynthia
Co-president OCBA

  • [ocba] Dirty Santa Thurday Dec. 11, k, 12/06/2014