ocba - [ocba] OCBA Pollinator Garden Workday - October 11th at 9am

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lucy Wilson <lucy.wilson AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] OCBA Pollinator Garden Workday - October 11th at 9am
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 17:35:25 -0400

Hi all,

As you may know, the OCBA maintains a pollinator garden at the Alexander Dickson House/Orange County Visitors Center on East King Street in Hillsborough. It’s a lovely garden, installed and dedicated in the spring of 2011. See more here: http://theocba.org/events/pollinator-garden-dedication/

A wonderful group of OCBA volunteers provide monthly maintenance at the garden for weeding, deadheading, and other regular care. Many thanks to all of them!

As we are now coming to the end of the garden's fourth season, it's time to do some more intensive thinning, spacing, and switching things up. As such, I'm suggesting a work day on Saturday October 11th from 9AM and need volunteers to help out!

As we will be thinning out some plants, including doing some splits and removing volunteer seedlings, a bonus for any volunteer gardeners is the chance to go home with something to transplant into your own home garden!

I'm hoping that with a few volunteers we can start at 9AM and finish by about 11AM or noon. Just in time to grab a bite of lunch or clean up and then head to the Hillsborough Riverwalk Opening Celebration (1-5pm) just down the street.

Please let me know if you plan to join us on October 11th! No gardening experience required, but a pair of gloves might be handy. I'll supply other tools, etc.

Many thanks,
Lucy