ocba - [ocba] Help needed to identify frames to harvest

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Cynthia Woodsong <zynwoodsong AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Help needed to identify frames to harvest
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 13:41:21 -0700

I'd like to bring some frames to the July 19 extraction workshop, but I need help identifying which if any of my frames are good to harvest.  Late last year I  bought a house 2  miles north of Hillsborough that came with bees.  I took the OCBA class this year, and established a new hive, but it seems like the old hive has harvestable honey.  The old hive isn't text-book pretty though (did Todd Walker hire professional bees to model for those photos?), and I can't fully make out what's going on in there.
Please let me know if anyone familiar with mature hives can come and go into my boxes with me.  I work from home, so time is flexible.
Cynthia Woodsong (919) 245-1780