ocba - Re: [ocba] Should I bee worried?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Wilson" <infomet AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: "Starks, Walter" <Walter.Starks AT facilities.unc.edu>, "CCBA Listserve" <chathambeekeepers AT lists.ncsu.edu>, "Orange CountyBeekeepers Association" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Should I bee worried?
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 21:14:44 -0400

I'm looking forward to the experts' replies on this. It sure seems like frantic flying.
New bees make short flights at first, to be sure they can find their way home, but this seems more than one would expect at one time.
Let us know if they settle down.

Could it be robbers casing the joint?

No expert here, but I wouldn't want a dark colored hive in summer. I think overheating is an underappreciated problem.
In fact, I'm working on a screened inner cover, to raise the flow of air through my hive.
It's easy to make, so let me know if you want to know more about it.

WL

-----Original Message----- From: Starks, Walter