ocba - Re: [ocba] RESCUED!!! Swarm at 100 Dickerson Ct, Chapel Hill, right next to Bolin Creek Trail

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Elisabeth Curtis <granda.curtis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Anne Cabell <cabell.anne AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] RESCUED!!! Swarm at 100 Dickerson Ct, Chapel Hill, right next to Bolin Creek Trail
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 17:43:04 -0400

HURRAH FOR THE BEES AND FOR JOHNNY-ON-THE-SPOT MARTY!

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Anne Cabell <cabell.anne AT gmail.com> wrote:
Thank goodness!  Marty made it out there and got them.  Thank you Marty!
Victory for the bees!

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Anne Cabell <cabell.anne AT gmail.com> wrote:
FYI They're holding off the exterminator per this msg below.  By the way, he sent a photo - it looks like a regular honey bee swarm to me.

I talked to the Terminex guy, keep talking to your bee keepers! He is gonna confirm they are honey bees, and have supervisor come out to look as well... but if that is the case he said they'll leave em and then should be here for one of your buds to come get em!