ocba - [ocba] Adopt my beehive!

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Alice <goxaskxalice AT gmail.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Adopt my beehive!
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 18:23:22 -0400

Hello-

Last year, my significant other (and to a lesser extent I) started beekeeping with two hives.  Everything seemed to go well.  Early this spring we noticed a good number of varroa, so my we (he) applied apivar strips.  Since then, my boyfriend has taken a job out of state and will not likely return full time to NC for a few years.  I thought I could manage the bees on my own, but in my attempt to remove the apivar strips this afternoon, realized I was a bit over my head.  I still have not recovered from the panic attack that resulted.

Though I love watching from a distance, and lending a hand, I am not cut out to be a beekeeper.

One of our hives seems to have died since my boyfriend's departure, but the other is going crazy and might swam.

If you would like to adopt my hive, please let me know.  There may be a few more apivar strips in there, I couldn't manage to inspect the whole hive, so time may be of the essence.

email back or text me at 503-989-7923.

Thanks for your help and consideration.

-Alice