ocba - [ocba] Almond field bee kill

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: "NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com" <NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com>, Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Almond field bee kill
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 15:45:50 -0400

Hey,

Sad news from the west coast. Its getting time that we loose the big ag ...Pro chemical mind set! Here is yet another case of why these prays the folks who use them are killing our bees.

This will have a big trickle down effect for pollination this year and the resale of bees to newbee's.

I hate it for these farmers...as a little guy trying to get into the biz and grow i can not imaging how you can survive like this?! I sure would not want to be one of the newbees waiting for my bees coming from one of these 1,300 bee farms.

Its time we as beekeepers and bee farmers start to stand up to the OLD school mentality. Its way bigger than some companies financial portfolio! We also need to stop allowing companies like bayer and monsanto have lead roles in our state bee meeting.

Its time for change!!

http://washingtonexaminer.com/17-billion-honey-bees-injured-killed-threatening-apple-berry-veggie-crops/article/2546800#.U0AfwkMRuMI.facebook

marty

  • [ocba] Almond field bee kill, Marty Hanks, 04/06/2014