ocba - [ocba] new salt study

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: "NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com" <NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com>, Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] new salt study
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 11:10:49 -0400

Here is some new research on an old idea. Bees like salt.

I guess that "old timer" bee keeper w/ the livestock salt lick out in the bee yard isn't so crazy after all! :-)

I'd recommend this trick to anyone w/ a bee-pool issue. Maybe placing a salt lick out away from the pool will draw them away from the pool. How close or far is for experimenting, but hey any idea to help mend the relationship w/ pool owners is a bonus.

http://www.livescience.com/43103-bees-taste-with-feet.html

--
Cheers,
Marty Hanks

 Just Bee Honey
"Created by Artisans....Bottled by Humans"

  • [ocba] new salt study, Marty Hanks, 03/16/2014