ocba - [ocba] Outreach and Sales Opportunity

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Rex L. Williams, Jr." <rexwilliams.03 AT gmail.com>
  • To: <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Outreach and Sales Opportunity
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 18:05:29 -0500

Hello Beekeepers,

I hope your preparations for the spring are going well.

We have had a request for a presentation from a group called Counter Culture Coffee.  In addition to being general coffee enthusiasts, they are running a presentation series called Sustainable Spring (http://counterculturecoffee.com/sustainable-spring).  This event is held on Fridays at 11:30 am, after a public coffee tasting event.  They would like to get a beekeeper to give a presentation either March 7 or March 14.

The event presentation should start at 11:30 am and should last at least 30 minutes.  The presentation should be about the process of beekeeping (i.e., what is involved) and how it can be accessible to the public.  It might be good to expect discussions on how to start up with beekeeping, what is necessary to sustain hives, expected outputs and production process, etc.  Props, slides, and honey tasting were all encouraged.

Most importantly, sale of honey and other products was enthusiastically encouraged.  In fact, the guy I talked to seemed potentially interested in buying up surplus regularly and maybe even promoting local honey sales.  Therefore, this could be a good opportunity for anyone looking for a regular entry to market.  Additionally, they are willing to offer an honorarium and coffee to take home, but I mentioned that this would need to be discussed with a presenter directly.

Please let me know if you think you would be interested as soon as you can.  We can talk in more detail about any supplies or support I can make available.  Either of the first two Fridays in March are alright, but they are really hoping for the 7th.  Sorry for the short notice.

Rex

Rex Williams

OCBA, Director

979-218-8728

rexwilliams.03 AT gmail.com

  • [ocba] Outreach and Sales Opportunity, Rex L. Williams, Jr., 02/25/2014