ocba - Re: [ocba] Honey from lost colony

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: annallys Goodwin-Landher <annallys AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Randall Austin <ra41717 AT gmail.com>, Thomas Carson <thcarson AT gmail.com>, OCBA <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Honey from lost colony
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 09:56:51 -0500

IMHO feeding bees honey, their natural food, makes more sense than feeding them a product laced with paraquat and other herbicides/pesticides and aluminum silicate or some other such flow agent.  If organic sugars used then it has a higher molasses content so the whiter the organic sugar the better and it runs about 1.50 a pound unless bought at Costco.

It just makes sense to give the bees the best hand up possible, so I advocate for using the honey to feed the new package.

Annallys 919 933-9109
annallys AT hotmail.com

Four years after the bees are gone, humanity is gone.

Albert Einstein