ocba - [ocba] Wax melter to borrow?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Blair Christian <blair.christian AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Wax melter to borrow?
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 11:58:22 -0400

Hi All,

I have a year's worth of burr comb, 3 bee trees worth of comb (where
the bees absconded and I pulled the comb out of the trees), maybe 20
frames worth, a bunch of cappings and some other stuff. So I'm
looking for a big/good wax melter to borrow/advice on getting a good
wax brick at the end of the day (3 levels of filtering- through #8
hardware cloth, screen, then paper towel or coffee filter into a bread
pan with 1/4" of water in the bottom?). I'm moving at the end of the
summer, so I don't want to make one until after the move.

Best,
Blair

  • [ocba] Wax melter to borrow?, Blair Christian, 06/15/2013