ocba - [ocba] swarm or supercedure?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Elisabeth Curtis <granda.curtis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] swarm or supercedure?
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 13:48:40 -0400

In the process of putting on a queen excluder below it (long story) I found this cell on a medium super, along with some spotty capped brood and drone brood. Now I wonder if I should have left well enough alone. If this is the future queen, now she won't be able to get out of the hive to mate, right? The last swarm we had from our hives was the evening of April 14.

  • [ocba] swarm or supercedure?, Elisabeth Curtis, 04/27/2013