ocba - [ocba] Fwd: camellia honey?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Geneva <gggreen AT mindspring.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: camellia honey?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:04:31 -0400

Looking for a place to overwinter your hives? Look no further

Begin forwarded message:

From: Christine Parks <christinegparks AT icloud.com>
Date: April 24, 2013 9:57:01 AM EDT
Subject: camellia honey?

Hi Geneva,

My husband has a Camellia nursery and I grow tea (Camellia sinensis) just outside Chapel Hill.
A customer, who is a bee keeper in Virginia, informed us that Camellias are a really good plant for bees because they flower in the fall and winter.  I don't have time myself to learn about bee keeping right now, but I'd be glad to host someone if they want to set up hives on our property to take advantage of the flowers.  They start in Sept-October.  Let me know if you have anyone you think would be interested, or feel free to pass along my e-mail address.

Thanks,
Christine Parks

Sent from my iPad

Geneva Green