ocba - [ocba] upcoming agenda

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Geneva <gggreen AT mindspring.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] upcoming agenda
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 11:09:14 -0500

We are coming quickly up to our March meeting and we have a lot of decisions to make, so I wanted to give you all plenty of time to think about them. So here they are as of now:

1. We need to make a quick change to our membership policy which says that all members also need to be members in the state association. This was when we revisited our bylaws about 3 years back and it was never the intention to say that, I think, rather we wanted to encourage state membership but it was lost in translation.

2. The Chestnut Ridge Community Garden has received a grant to create a pollinator garden and they would like our help. I think they will be there to tell us about this and see if we want to be involved.

3. We need to make a decision about having some Demo Hives at UUCH. I have heard a few concerns and a lot of positive feedback about this idea. I would like to see us pursue it because I think it will make it easier to have small groups, like our 4-Hers looking at hives with a mentor. I do think we need to come up with a plan for maintenance of the hives and some policies for how and when they are used, but we don't need to decide that at the March meeting. I suggest we have one person or a group come up with some policy ideas and report back to us in April, if we decide to install the Demo Hives.

4. Watty should have a proposal on rental of the extractor which we can discuss and hopefully approve.

5. Rex has some upcoming volunteer opportunities.

6. I would like to hear some highlights from members who attended the State Meeting.

All of this is important but I would like to cover it quickly so we can have plenty of time to hear what Adolphus Leonard has to say to us. Feel free to bring up issues and concerns on the list so we can get clearer about these issues before the meeting.
thanks
Geneva

Geneva Green
919 475 7668
7211 Wilkerson Road
Cedar Grove, NC 27231
gggreen AT mindspring.com

  • [ocba] upcoming agenda, Geneva, 03/06/2013