ocba - Re: [ocba] Fwd: neonic links

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • Cc: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Fwd: neonic links
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 23:36:25 -0500

Lewis: i'll try to answer it this way as it seems my email is blocked to you directly. Here is what i wrote and tried to send to you.

Lewis,

random 24 hr sample w/ sticky board (8 to 20) pending the hive and time (month). as you know i'm more of a hands off guy so i will most likely fall into your category of non checkers. not as often, but not...not at all.

I had Betsy out here doing a "split" seminar and they were mostly 3 boxes and some 4 deep. Treatment this year was: a few splits, drone culling, powered sugar treatments monthly, IPM board or VO trays, and then eventually Apiguard on remaining 11 hives.

Several were summer swarms so i knew going in that it was a low chance, but i'm still a sucker for trying to save a swarm. Should have did a combination instead.

marty

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com> wrote:
> Seems neurological to me.

What were your mite counts in July, August, September?