ocba - [ocba] bee school

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Geneva <gggreen AT mindspring.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] bee school
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 21:04:40 -0500

Tonight was the first night of our 2013 Bee School and it was a great turn out.  It was wonderful to see many new faces as well as many familiar ones.  I want to say Thank You, first to Todd for planning and organizing our speakers, himself included, then to Inge for helping with advertising and manning the registration desk tonight.  But I want to say a big Thank You to Dick Merritt who helped secure our facility, is our liason with the UUCH, our new meeting spot, and who keeps our money extremely organized.  On top of all this he is serving again as registrar for bee school and procured our books and knew exactly who had signed up, what they had paid and how many books they needed.  This attention to detail is something that I am terrible at and it is great that the club has had someone willing to do this for us for going on five years now.  Please give him a big hug the next time you see him.  Thanks also to our volunteers for helping with parking and set up and break down tonight: Lewis, Tom and Cheryl.

Oh, and today was the first day our red maple was humming with bees! Spring here we come.
Geneva

Geneva Green
919 475 7668
7211 Wilkerson Road