ocba - [ocba] Fwd: EPA, bees need immediate action

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Just Bee <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org, NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: EPA, bees need immediate action
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:58:23 -0400

Just some info to pass on!

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Pesticide Action Network North America <subscribe AT panna.org>
Date: September 19, 2012 2:52:36 PM EDT
To: marty AT justbeenc.com
Subject: EPA, bees need immediate action

Website  |  Send to a Friend  |  DONATE
Pesticide Action Network Updates

Time to step up — 2018 is too late!

Bees can't wait until 2018

Unprecedented bee die-offs are an emergency requiring immediate action. Tell EPA to stop stalling.

Take Action

Dear Marty,

The good news? Congress is starting to look into EPA’s failure to protect honey bees from pesticides. A few senators recently sent a letter to Lisa Jackson urging the Agency to take swift action, asking for a “more finite and expedited timeline” than 2018.

The bad news is that EPA is still stalling.

Help us get the message across: Bee die-offs are an emergency and need action now.

Last March — alongside partners and beekeepers, and with your support — we filed an “emergency citizen petition” on behalf of bees. In June, we submitted tens of thousands of your signatures to the Agency in support of that petition. We urged them to take seriously the unprecedented decline of pollinators, and the contribution of neonicotinoid pesticides to that decline, by declaring that these losses constitute an “imminent hazard.” They declined to do so.

Before next Tuesday, we have an opportunity to respond to EPA's recent decision that pollinator declines don't present an imminent hazard.

Join us in telling EPA that, in fact:

  • Bee die-offs are an emergency requiring immediate action — and 2018 is much too late!
  • Keeping a bee-toxic pesticide (clothianidin) on the market illegally — despite the absence of valid science supporting its registration — is unacceptable.

Between now and September 25, decisionmakers are legally required to listen. Please help us make our collective voices heard and send a clear message to EPA: stop stalling.

Pesticide Action Network North America 1611 Telegraph Ave. Suite 1200, Oakland, CA 94612 USA
Phone: 510.788.9020  Email:community AT panna.org Web:www.panna.org
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Unsubscribe me!

  • [ocba] Fwd: EPA, bees need immediate action, Just Bee, 09/19/2012