ocba - [ocba] Need help with honey bee removal

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: <Kay AT ObenshainAssociates.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Need help with honey bee removal
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 15:08:01 -0700

Does anyone know how to contact someone who does swarm control? Or is there a safe way to make bees move away? I want to exhaust all other options before I call an exterminator.

This spring I installed my first two bee packages and in May I had a systemic reaction after my 2nd bee sting. My doctor and I decided beekeeping was not for me.  After I sold my 2 colonies and beekeeping equipment there were 50-100 bees hanging around the hive stand.  They set up housekeeping in the stand and the population has been increasing.  Now there are hundreds of bees there.

The people who purchased my bees said one of the colonies did not have a queen.  I'm wondering if the queen is in my hive stand with the others.

I need help removing the bees from my backyard.  I don't want to deal with them because of my allergy.  I left a message at the Swarm Control number posted on Orange County Beekeepers Association web site, but have not heard back.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Kay