ocba - [ocba] Feral hive cut out in Durham

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "birdcr AT concentric.net" <birdcr AT concentric.net>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org, NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [ocba] Feral hive cut out in Durham
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 09:38:48 -0500 (CDT)

Folks,

Yesterday we did a cut out of a huge hive inside an old house. We
still have to go back because I think we did not get the entire
hive, another stud bay showed comb in it at the end of the day and
no eggs or larva was found. We framed up like 8 frames of capped
brood a total of 12 frames. The video of the opened hive is
uploading to Youtube right now. See http://youtu.be/Li1er50_hGs

The home owner has the new hive 20 foot from the old hive and will
be managing it.

Cheers,
Randy

  • [ocba] Feral hive cut out in Durham, birdcr AT concentric.net, 06/10/2012