ocba - [ocba] Sacbrood Advice

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Dan Kyburz" <dkyburzus AT gmail.com>
  • To: <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Sacbrood Advice
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 16:24:58 -0400

Hi Folks, Seems I am starting to get a significant infection of Sacbrood in
one of my hives that I installed from a package 2 months ago. I started
noticing an off smell and now have dead brood (slippers) present.

I'm curious what courses of action anyone on the alias would recommend that
you have had success with. It appears my options may be...

Check for high varroa counts and treat if high
Requeen
Feed Syrup / pollen substitute
Replace severely infected frames
Increase space and ventilation

Appreciate any advice or words of wisdom.

Dan

  • [ocba] Queens gone., Blair Christian, 05/20/2012
    • [ocba] Sacbrood Advice, Dan Kyburz, 05/21/2012