ocba - [ocba] OCBA/ACBA Field Day This Saturday

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] OCBA/ACBA Field Day This Saturday
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 16:54:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Beekeepers,

OCBA will have a joint field day with Alamance County Beekeepers Association this Saturday.  We will meet at Cedar Grove Blueberry Farm and start at 10 am.  We will inspect hives and hopefully find examples of both good and bad beekeeping.  Of course we will be looking for mites and stressing the importance of monitoring and dealing with them.

We will be in the bees from 10 to 12.  Following that we will share a lunch with the Alamance crew and get to know them.  Bring a sandwich and a chair for lunch.  OCBA will provide drinks.

I will be extracting some honey after lunch and you are welcome to stay for that.

The address is 8411 Hwy 86 N in Cedar Grove.  It is a big tan warehouse on the right side of the road (if you are headed N).  It is 2 doors up from Pope's Tire Service.  If you hit Caswell County, you missed it.

Lewis

  • [ocba] OCBA/ACBA Field Day This Saturday, Lewis Cauble, 05/16/2012