ocba - Re: [ocba] Windows for solar wax melters

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "birdcr AT concentric.net" <birdcr AT concentric.net>
  • To: OCBA <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Windows for solar wax melters
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 18:36:53 -0600 (CST)

Annallys,

Here is a video oo how to use a very simple solar wax melter.
http://beekeeperlinda.blogspot.com/2007/06/video-on-how-to-use-simple-solar-wax.html

All you need is one of those Styrofoam coolers, a sheet of glass
to cover it. You put inside the cooler a sandwich sized plastic
box or bigger. Next you take a single sheet of paper towel and
rubber band it over the plastic box with a little water to float
the wax in after it melts. Drop your wax onto the paper towel and
set in the sun for a few hours.

Cheers,
Randy Emmitt
Rougemont, NC