ocba - [ocba] Beekeeping book...

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Blair Christian <blair.christian AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Beekeeping book...
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 12:12:18 -0500

It appears that the beekeeping book Kitty is referring to is available online
African Beekeeping by Stephen O. Adjare
http://www.fao.org/docrep/t0104e/t0104e00.htm

Personally, I have been reading The Bush Farms stuff, and found it to
be just right for a 2nd year beekeeper looking to learn about why to
make splits and such.
http://www.bushfarms.com/bees.htm
Apparently most of the material is inside some books (which are highly
rated on amazon, for what that's worth).
http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Beekeeper-Volume-Beekeeping-Naturally/dp/1614760640/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330794649&sr=8-1

The part that I'm reading now is about why/when to make splits if
anybody has anything to add or biases to discuss
http://www.bushfarms.com/beessplits.htm

Best,
Blair