ocba - [ocba] Holiday Warning of F.W.I.

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: mhanks <mhanks7 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: OCBA-list server <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Holiday Warning of F.W.I.
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 11:53:05 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hello all,

What a great way to bring in the new year....its gonna be a great day to
watch the bees. i just came back from the hive and they are SO busy working.

One silly thing happened i just have to share. Two girls were returning to
the hive at the same time. Both in that clover leaf landing pattern but from
different directions and just as they both got to within 1 foot of the hive
entrance they slammed into each other and fell straight down. I guess they
were drunk(F.W.I. Flying While Impaired) on their early winter bounty and as
they climbed up the leaves and back onto the landing entrance they staggered
around. I saw one girl kind of shake a bit and it looked as she was clearing
her head...then she sat there panting for a least a minute then clambered
into the hive. I guess i shouldn't have set out that eggnog for them ;-)

They seem so happy to be able to get out and stretch their wings, but some
seem to be flying drunk.

Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Marty