ocba - Re: [ocba] Urban Beehive from Phillips

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Randall Austin <ra41717 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Urban Beehive from Phillips
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:04:55 -0500

I LOVE this! Especially the little flower pot on the outside! That makes the concept holistic, which is a must for an eco-concious urban bee-haver.

This reminds me of the little strawberry pots or lemon trees you can buy and always have fresh strawberries and lemons.

The articles suggest that this is simply a futuristic design prototype, not necessarily something that will be on sale at WalMart anytime soon. Too bad they didn't seem to consult with actual beekeepers about the design. You can already purchase and install permanent indoor observation hives that actually work properly, but those don't usually include a flower pot or a magic cord.

Randall