ocba - [ocba] OCBA Meets Thursday, October 13th at 7 PM.

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Todd Walker <mtwalker AT imageray.net>
  • To: <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] OCBA Meets Thursday, October 13th at 7 PM.
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:04:49 -0400

Hello Beekeepers,

OCBA will be meeting on Thursday, October 13th at 7pm at the Ag Extension
building in Hillsborough.  We will have some Master Beekeepers on hand to answer your questions about Fall management and preparing for winter.

More importantly, we will be having a honey tasting! Please bring some samples of your harvest from this year for everyone to try. If you have any interesting/exotic honey that you might have collected and are willing to share, that would be great!

A few people have mentioned bringing some snacks/desserts that are made using honey. If you have a new recipe you would like to try out on the group or if you entered the Cooking with Honey competition at the State Fair and have any extras left, please bring them to share.

We are going to meet for dinner at the Hillsborough BBQ Company at 5:30.

~Todd