ocba - [ocba] Any interest in workshops for making bee related items??

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: mhanks <mhanks7 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: OCBA-list server <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Any interest in workshops for making bee related items??
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 12:16:34 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hello ALL,

I was wondering if there were any interest in having a series of workshops
(monthly-quarterly-yearly) to have themed projects to build bee related
items?? Several of us could chip in toward supplies then meet at a members
house (i like some have big power tools and tables for building-assembling)
to work together toward building that themed product in an assembly line
fashion and everyone would get a piece when done.

we could rotate where its done and do different products...i also know there
is a desire for some whom do not have access to big power tools to try and
build some stuff. So that should help several members. It could be taylored
to skill level and/or seasonal needs. Elizebeth Curtis had a great idea in
building a solar melter....I'm into perfecting this new beetle base trap and
i know there is an interest in building supers or lids.

So if you have any interest in doing these workshops or just want to offer up
ideas for the builds or want to volunteer your workshop space for one let me
know. I will talk about the level of interest at the next OCBA meeting.

Cheers,
Marty Hanks
County Line Farm
Chapel Hill, NC
969-4347

  • [ocba] Any interest in workshops for making bee related items??, mhanks, 09/25/2011