ocba - Re: [ocba] Small Hive Beetle Trap Bottom Board....** & Q'S! **

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: mhanks <mhanks7 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "birdcr AT concentric.net" <birdcr AT concentric.net>, ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Small Hive Beetle Trap Bottom Board....** & Q'S! **
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 17:18:30 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Thanks Randy...awesome link!

I think this has great potential, but i agree w/ Randall in how ventilation
is still important. I tried beetle blasters w/o much success. I have ordered
2 to try out and will look into making more if they hold up to snuff, but i
will look into how to make it work w/ the IPM board. I want to see if there
is enough room to install under and get some air while still having a bigger
trap. I hope this pic comes thru as i lost count. Its from the link to the
trap.
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-14520694570451/BUGS091708.jpg

WANT FEEDBACK:
i wanted to ask if there would be members interested in building things like
this or other bee Woodward? Is there an interest in having a "workshop day"
at someones house where several of us could get together and have a "themed"
build day?

I like some, have a table saw and chop saw, ETC so I could host one day and
we could just move around to different homes if there is interest...the main
point would be for those members w/o access to big tools to build there own
stuff as well. It would allow us to set up an assembly line to speed things
up, swap stories and reduce costs. I think that whoever came would chip $$ in
toward that months(?) themed project and then everyone would build and leave
w/ a product. THOUGHTS??

If you are interested please contact me via email or phone.

Marty Hanks
County Line Farm
969-4347