ocba - [ocba] Inquiry about beekeeping for UNC feature article

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Kinsey Sullivan <kinseylsullivan AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Inquiry about beekeeping for UNC feature article
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 17:29:09 -0400

Good evening, all! I hope this email finds you well.

I'm a student in UNC's School of Journalism and Mass Communication, and am
writing a feature article about beekeeping- especially relevant because
September is National Beekeeping Month. I'm on a bit of a tight schedule, as
the deadline for tomorrow is tomorrow morning; I'd really appreciate any
response you'd like to offer, to any or all of the following questions:

1. How did you become involved in beekeeping? What drew you to it?

2. What's the most interesting/funny/unique thing that's happened to you
while beekeeping or harvesting the honey or relative to bees?

3. What advice would you offer to prospective beekeepers?

4. How do you perceive the role of bees in the community? What's their
importance to the community, environmentally, economically, culturally? This
could include issues like CCD and the decimation of the feral bee population.

5. What makes beekeeping in North Carolina unique, or beekeeping in the
Orange County community specifically? Or, how is beekeeping in the fall
different than in other seasons?

As I said, I appreciate any response y'all are willing to offer; they're all
welcome and so very helpful. If you could also include a short bio of
yourself, including title and basic information, so that I can credit you in
the article, that would be wonderful.

Thanks again, and all the best,
Kinsey Sullivan

  • [ocba] Inquiry about beekeeping for UNC feature article, Kinsey Sullivan, 08/31/2011